Flutter is a multi–channel sound installation concerning the dynamics of communication between individuals in physical and social space. Comprised of an array of 16 speakers, the work presents several thousand recordings of individuals aged from six to sixty playing the children’s game ‘Telephone.’ Messages are passed from one individual to the next, progressively evolving over time as a diversity of interpretation colors the transmissions.
- Canberra Contemporary Art Space (CCAS), Canberra, Australia, 2012
- Artspace, Sydney, Australia, 2006
- This project has been assisted by the Australian Government through the Australia Council for the Arts, its arts funding and advisory body.
- Thanks to Michaela Davies, Brendan Lloyd and the hundreds of individuals who contributed to the work!
- Catalog essay by Lizzie Muller is available as a .pdf <here>